roatan island frequently asked questions
“Which airlines fly to Roatan?”
• From the U.S., there is non-stop service on American, Delta and United. If you are traveling from mainland Honduras, there are flights to Roatan from San Pedro Sula, La Ceiba and Tegucegalpa.
“What documents are needed for entry to Honduras”
• A valid passport is required for entry in to Honduras and your passport can not expire within 6 months of travel. If you are a national of a country other than the US or Canada, please check with your local Honduran Consulate for information on if a Visa is required for entry (www.letsgohonduras.com)
Where is LV located?
“How do you reach LV?”
• From the International Airport, you can either take a taxi or rent a car to get to Las Verandas. Driving time is approximately 15 minutes to Las Verandas. LV is located on the north shore of Roatan within the Pristine Bay Development. The hotel is approximately a 15 minute drive from the islands International Airport (RTB).
“What is the easiest way around the island?”
• The easiest mode of transportation around the island is by taxi. Las Verandas is just 15 minutes from the International Airport and approximately a 35 minute drive to the West Bay area.
“What currency is accepted in Roatan?”
• US Dollars, travelers checks and credit cards are accepted on the island. The national currency of Honduras is the Lempira and currently the exchange is approximately 19 Lempiras to the dollar. Please keep in mind that most banks charge a fee for using your credit card abroad.
“Is there a departure tax when leaving Roatan?”
• Yes, if you are leaving the country, the International Departure Tax is approx. $39.00 and is not included in your airline ticket and is payable at the airport (after check-in).